Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Mike is offline

Default Run code from separate workbook

I have several master files that need to run the same code, so I want to keep
only one set of code in a separate workbook for easier maintenance. The code
works fine, but I have the button in each of the masters to click on to run
the macro. It first opens up the code-only workbook, which then becomes the
active workbook, so all the code is performed on that workbook instead of the
master. I obviously am trying to avoid telling Excel to activate the specific
master file since it will be different in each case. So my question is, how
can I activate the master file without specifying a file name, OR how can I
open the code-only workbook and run the macro without activating that
workbook? Any help would be greatly appreciated!