Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pflugs Pflugs is offline

Default Sending Updates

Hi David,

I feel your pain. This has been an issue for me as well. I have found one
suggestion, though.

On page 509 of his book "VBA and Macros for Microsoft Excel," Bill Jelen
talks about a solution to this problem. He suggests using two workbooks, one
for the code and one to store information and call the code on the other
workbook. The code workbook contains all the code necessary to process the
data. The data workbook has as few lines as possible, and each line is
tested as much as possible.

The data workbook opens the workbook as needed and hides it in the
background. After processing or upon closing, the data workbook closes the
code workbook. This method has the advantage of keeping the data workbook
sizes optimized and allowing you, the developer, to send out as many updates
as required without resetting data. If the data does have to be modified as
a result of the update, the code workbook could run a routine called
UpdateData or something.

Hopefully this method can work for you. Read more about it in Bill's book.

HTH,
Pflugs

"David A." wrote:

I need to send updatees to end users. Update formulas and formates to a
worksheet that they use. I normally send out a new workbook but that causes
them to have to reenter their inflormation. I need a way to send correction
and updates so that they do not have to re-enter any information.