Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default Chart Error when using Chart Line - Column on 2 Axes in vba code

I am trying to use the custom chart, Line - column on 2 axes in vba code. I
couldn't get it to work so I tried using the Macro recoder. The following is
a macro that was recorded. However when I run it after it has been recorded I
get the following Error message, "RunTime Error 1004, Methods " 'Axes of
object - chart failed".

Is there some way that I can create this chart type on the fly using VBA? I
have a routine that creates a chart, "Chart Type, Column" with no problems.

'Macro recorded routine
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:= _
"Lines on 2 Axes"
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Data").Range("B37:D61"),
PlotBy:= _
xlColumns
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Data"
With ActiveChart
.HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlCategory, xlSecondary).HasTitle = False
.Axes(xlValue, xlSecondary).HasTitle = False
End With
With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory)
.HasMajorGridlines = False
.HasMinorGridlines = False