Tom Ogilvy

there is no artificial intelligence built into the function, but you can
possibly use something along the lines of

=Vlookup("*Greenberg*",range,2,False)

You would have to sort out how to identify the critical string to look for.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rory Carroll" wrote in message
I have 2 excel sheets. The company name field in both differ in most

cases.
currently I do a vlookup like this
=VLOOKUP(AH5033,companydetails_company.xls!M$2:M$1 491,1,FALSE)

For example on the first excel sheet I will have: "Greenberg Ltd" and then
on the other sheet I might have "Greenberg Ltd." or "UK Greenberg"

Is there something called a best match? Its a once off thing I need to do
so efficency is not an issue.

I'd really appreciate the help with this one.