R.P.McMurphy

Ok, Now I've got -

=MIN(C4,SUM(G4,L4,Q4,V4,AA4,AF4,AK4,AP4,AU4,AZ4,BE 4,BJ4))

i take it this will add up G4,L4,Q4,V4,AA4,AF4,AK4,AP4,AU4,AZ4,BE4,BJ4 as
long as each of these doesnt go over C4, and if any do, then they are
counted as the value in C4?

If it does thats great! Next problem is how do i divide the answer by
0.09615 in the same formula?

Hehe! Sorry about this. I'm a newbe to Excell!

steve

Perhaps something like

=MIN(M1,SUM(A1:A30)

where M1 is the contracted hours, A1:A30 holds the hours worked

--

HTH

Im trying to set up a holiday accrual worksheet for my employees, so that

can tell at a glance how much holiday they have left.

basicaly, employees acrue holiday entitlement for every hour they work

upto
their contracted hours per calendar month.

after each employees name, i have a box which shows what their contracted
hours are. how do i get excel to refer to this figure and use it as the
maximum when determining the amount of hours worked in any particlular
month?

Cheers!

steve