Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Union of possibly empty ranges

Oops. I did misunderstand.

But glad you have a solution that works.

Jerry W. Lewis wrote:

Sorry if I was not clear; I agreed that IsEmpty() did not do what I wanted
while "Is Nothing" did; therefore "Is Nothing" is the approach I will be
using. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Jerry

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't think you missed any easy way of doing this, but I don't think you
should be using isempty() to check what may be a multi-cell range.

Checking isempty() with a single cell is ok. But that actually tells you if the
cell is empty--not a problem when you're looking at constants or formulas, but
could be a problem with cells with comments.

Jerry W. Lewis wrote:

The "Is Nothing" test for ranges (also suggested by Barb) nicely avoids the
difficulty of distinguishing no cells from empty cells. Thanks.

Dave Peterson