Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Back door into locked form

Why not go through the front door, supply correct password and unlock the
project.

If you don't want to view code and merely want some other menu or controls
made visible, eg

- check a certain cell for password
- click in a particular region of the form or some control, trap mouse X/Y
while say holding alt-shift
- password in a textbox
- combination of the above
- loads of ways !

In passing, in your other recent post did the very hidden wb suggestion work
for your purposes.

Regards,
Peter T

"XP" wrote in message
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;

I am developing a form for wide distribution that will be locked down

fairly
well. I know anything can be hacked, the sole purpose is to discourage

casual
mistakes and tampering that would generally compromise the programming

built
into the form.

However, I need to build myself a back door into the form that will unlock
everything and restore certain menus that will be controlled, etc. This is
needed so that myself and another developer can periodically perform
maintenance on the form. I already have the unlocking code written, but

what
is a good way to access it without a user stumbling onto the key?

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to "back door" my way into my own
locked down form once its placed into production?

All suggestions welcomed, please respond...thanks in advance.