Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Arnold[_3_] Arnold[_3_] is offline

Default How to Add or Manipulate Groups of Multiple Rows

Hi All,
In a scheduling worksheet, first and last names are listed in the left
columns, formulas in columns to the right of the names, and then
individual days are added daily in columns to the right of the
formulas. Marks are made in the intersections of days and people.

I would like to have a cmd button or menu to add new people. The
tricky part is that 1 person's info occupies 4 consecutive rows. Each
row contains different formulas that would have to be included in the
copy. It would be best if users could click on any 1 of the 4 rows of
an existing person's record, and then click the cmd to add a new
person's record (4 new rows) either above or below the existing
person's record. Code would have to recognize where one group of rows
starts and ends.

Note that each person's name is put on the top row (cols A and B) of
his or her record, so the presence of text 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 lines
above where the cursor is could be the identifying feature that could
maybe make this happen. I just don't know how. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric