Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Error when code runs

What is your understanding of "On Error Resume Next" ? Should you be using
it in this situation ?
Remove it and see what happens.

As for the error, it appear related to your virus scanner. Why it should be
concerned about this code, I can't say, but a buffer overflow is a classic
menas of running dubious code. That message would appear to be either a
false positive or you actually have some other virus/bad code running also.

To change to path used, add:

ChDrive "C" 'Or whatever letter you want
res = Application.GetOpenFilename("Image Files (*.jpg), *.jpg")

NickHK

"Corey" wrote in message
Sub Button36_Click()
On Error Resume Next
Range("C97").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim WB As Workbook
Dim SH As Worksheet
Dim rng As Range
Dim myPic As Picture
Dim res As Variant
'Const sAddress As String = ActiveCell
Set WB = ActiveWorkbook
res = Application.GetOpenFilename("Image Files (*.jpg), *.jpg")
If res = False Then Exit Sub
Set SH = ActiveSheet
Set rng = ActiveCell
Set myPic = SH.Pictures.Insert(res)
With myPic
.Top = rng.Top
.Left = rng.Left
myPic.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoFalse
myPic.ShapeRange.Height = 215.1
myPic.ShapeRange.Width = 250#
myPic.ShapeRange.Rotation = 0#
'myPic.Name = ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 1).Value
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Range("L101").Select
End Sub

The above code when run prompts for a image selection and pastes it to

size on a sheet.

However, i am now getting an error.

McAffee Buffer overflow Blocked. Then saying something about address.

I think it may be because the default folder it looks to is on a network.
Is there a way for me to add a line of code to look to a local folder

instead?

Corey...