Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Clayman Clayman is offline

Default Public Variable - not defined?

No. But, I do have a few "Exit Sub" in error-handlers. Would these have the
same effect?

I don't know if it matters, and didn't think about mentioning it before. The
code in Module 1 fills a ComboBox on a form (employee numbers). Selecting an
item in the ComboBox executes the next set of code - which is where I'm told
the variable is not defined.

The variable is the path to my database which may differ depending upon the
user.
--
Adios,
Clay Harryman

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Do you use the stand alone line of code

End

That line of code kills everything including clearing all global variables.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Clayman" wrote:

I apologize if this got double-posted. I think I need to go home and take a
nap rather than continue to foul this computer up anymore today with my
presence. :P

--

I need "findvacdb" to be the same across my entire project so I defined it
in "This Workbook" as Public:

Option Explicit
Public findvacdb As String

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
.
.
findvacdb=S:\Path\to\mdb

When I try to use it in a form, I get the error "Variable not defined".

I'm tired and I just had a big lunch. Maybe it's the hamburger killing brain
cells. But I can't figure this out.

If you need more code, let me know.

Thanks!
--