Ross

OK, I did that and the problem seems to go away. I can use the drop down box
and select a font and the program works fine. I also checked changing fonts
by right clicking a cell choosing format cell font tab and when i
select a font it previews just fine. This just leaves me with the issue that
now I cannot see a preview of the font when selecting them from the drop down
list of the formatting toolbar. This is moderately acceptable but it would be
nice to be able to fix the toolbar.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Just something to try...

Tools|Customize|Options tab
uncheck the "List font names in their font" checkbox.

Ross wrote:

Each time I attempt to change the font in Excel the system locks up, and I
have to reboot the computer. The computer is running Windows 98SE and Office
2000 with latest service packs and updates. This problem only occurs in
Excel, changing fonts in other Office apps works fine. I have reinstalled
Excel and reinstalled the fonts but the problem still occurs.

--

Dave Peterson