Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Find/Replace XLThin Line with XLHairline

Can't you just find/replace all 4 options, so first do bottom then left,
then right then top? I suppose you are not interested in inside diagonal
etc.

RBS

"klysell" wrote in message

I would like to write code that replaces any line found within a range
that
has a weight property of "XLThin" and replaces it with the weight property
of
"XLHairline". I don't care which part of the cell (top, bottom, left,
right)
this "XLThin" line resides as I want to keep the position of this line
generic. Any line regardless of where in the spreadsheet, I want change to
change it from "XLThin" to "XLHairline". Excel doesn't seem to enable the
user to do this as you must pick of location of where this line is
relative
to a cell.

Here is the code that I have:

With Application.FindFormat.Borders(xlEdgeLeft)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
End With
With Application.ReplaceFormat.Borders(xlEdgeTop)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlHairline
End With
Cells.Replace What:=" ", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=
_
xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=True, ReplaceFormat:=True

How do I make this position unspecific? I.E. neither "xlEdgeLeft" nor
"xlEdgeTop"? I want to change any thin line with a hair line with simple
find/replace VBA code.

Thanks,
--
Kent Lysell