Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default How do I use R1C1 Reference Style in a Macro?

You probably want to use offset which moves your reference something like
this...

msgbox Activecell.Offest(2,2).Address
or
msgbox Range("A1").offset(2, 2).Address
or
msgbox Cells(5, 5).Offset(2, 2).address
or
msgbox Cells(5, "C").Offset(2, 2).address
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Bob" wrote:

I would like to write a macro that references the cell 2 rows above the
current cell. I typically use hard references ie Range("D7").Select but that
won't work for this instance. I know that R[-2]C would work but i'm not sure
how to incorporate or call that in a macro. Can anyone help?