Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default Remove space from text in cell

Dave,

If it's specific enough that you're looking a comma followed by a space,
maybe the SUBSTITUTE function can help you.

=SUBSTITUTE(G3, ", ", ",")

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Dave Birley" wrote:

First, I have a confession to make: I actually searched the available answers
first (using search text: "remove space from text in cell"). Nothing there
fit my simpler problem:

Cell G3 contains "Herkimer, Mortimer". I need to get rid of that space
("Herkimer,Mortimer") becaise I am about to search with the result into a
different WB where the data is stored without spaces.

My bet is that there's a really simple function for this <g!
--
Dave
Temping with Staffmark