Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Grd Grd is offline

Default Need to create function to find first day of following month

Hi Tom,

This works nicely for me. I couldn't get this working on my own so thanks
very much

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sorry, had a typo in my dtNext formula and wasn't paying attention:

dt = DateValue("July 23, 2007")
dtNext = DateSerial(year(dt),Month(dt)+1,1)
? format(dtNext,"dddd")
Wednesday
? dtNext
08/01/2007
? format(dtNext,"1\st mmm")
1st Aug

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

demo't from the immediate window:

dt = DateValue("July 23, 2007")
dtNext = DateSerial(year(dt),Month(dt)+1,0)
? format(dtNext,"dddd")
Tuesday
? dtNext
07/31/2007

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Grd" wrote:

Hi,

I'm struggling to get the function working to figure out the first day of
the following month. So if I have a cell with say 23 July I want my function
to result in 1st Aug.

I need this to be function not a formula cos I'm going to refer to it in my
code.

any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Suzanne