Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Grd Grd is offline

Default Need to create function to find first day of following month

Thanks John

I'll have a look at this and Tom Ogilvy's but I think its what I want

"John Bundy" wrote:

see if this is what you want, may have to change sheet and cell ref

startmonth = Month(Sheets(1).Cells(1, 2))
endmonth = startmonth + 1
MsgBox "1st " & MonthName(endmonth)

--
-John
is helpful.

"Grd" wrote:

Hi,

I'm struggling to get the function working to figure out the first day of
the following month. So if I have a cell with say 23 July I want my function
to result in 1st Aug.

I need this to be function not a formula cos I'm going to refer to it in my
code.

any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Suzanne