Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Candyman Candyman is offline

Default SQL Insert Statement to return "13620 row(s) affected."

You are correct. Rapid SQL is a querry tool. I normally use it to develop
the SQL statements. I suppose the use of MS Query could be refered to since
that .refresh statement is used. I have used the same report template for
years. It has a "'SQL'" tab that houses variable date and other parameters
that are passed onto the lines of SQL code in lower rows. ( So the actual
SQL resides in range(a20:a100) ) Actually I look for the term "Start SQL" and
append the cell values to the statement until I run into "End SQL". If the
code jams I export the SQL to word ( to paste into Repid for
troubleshooting).

The SQL will show the warning message in Rapid, but jams in Excel. How do i
run the SQL in Excel without it returning the warning message?

I have a feeling that I need to figure our the connection string. Then run
this with an execute statement? I am currently without examples on both of
these points.

" wrote:

I fathom that Rapid SQL is the tool you're using to develope your SQL
statements ...

The message you see in Rapid SQL is a warning message, not an error
message, so the message is benign.

If you're getting the message in Excel, I'm not clear on how you're
seeing it. Where does it come from? Are you using MS Query by any
chance?

The first few in the series insert data into a DB2 database. (in SQL writing
code program like Rapid SQL returns a message like "13620 row(s) affected.".

Then:
I can return data, but I have not figured out how to handle the success
message. I even created a temporay sheet for the 'Success' to post. The SQL
jams trying to bring back the results.

We need to see the SQL to get a grip on why our SQL would hang.

Also, note that there is a limit to how long a SQL statement can be
that depends upon your driver. If you're attempting to insert over
1000 records in a batch SQL statement you're probably creating strings
that go beyond what either Excel, the DB2 driver, or DB2 can handle.

Respond with a SQL statement if you want more help.