Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rockhammer rockhammer is offline

Default add "paste values" to right click menu

From the msword forum I see a reference to
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm,
which shows a way to add an item to the right click menu or what seems to be
more properly called shortcut menu.

I am trying to do the same thing in excel but in Tools-Customize-Toolbars
there is not such thing as "shortcut menu" used by the above referenced
technique, or at least I have not found it. However, from
Tools-Customize-Commands (then choose "Edit" on the left hand pane), I was
able to find the actual "paste values" menu item and have successfully
dragged & dropped it to my File-Edit menu.

I did see the post in this forum on "PAStE SPECIAL" [sic] by Dave Peterson
on 2007/02/24 on how to assign a macro to a keystroke shortcut. However
actually adding that option menu item to the right click menu is preferred
since it: a) is a personal preference, and b) much more importantly, avoids
the inability to undo issue noted by another user in the "PAStE SPECIAL"
thread.

So my two questions:

1) How do you add the "paste values" menu item onto the right click menu (or
the shortcut menu, although that term might not be used within the excel
context)?

2) How do you add the "paste values" menu item onto ALL THE right click
menus since it appears that the right click menu changes depending on context.

Thanks a lot.