Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Janis Janis is offline

Default variable declaration

I have a script I need to understand so I'm starting from the top with the
delcarations. added a column and now the report doesn't print but I don't
know which column was added because I don't have the original sheet.
-----declarations-------
Option Explicit
Private Const ServiceGroupColumn as string ="$I"
Private Const FirstDataRow as Integer =12
Private Const FirstDataCell As string = "a12"
Private Const DCTColumnOffset As Integer = 4
PRivate Const ServiceGroupColumnRelative As String = "I"
Private Const StreamsColumnOffset as Integer = 1
Private const FreezePaneCell As String = "A12"
Private Const HomesColumnOffset as Integer = 5

One question I have is why is the ServiceGroupColumn $I and the
ServiceGroupColumnRelative also I?

The other question is Why is the DCTColumnOffset =4 mean? Why does it say
offset? The DCTCount Column is "D" . THe streamscolumn offset is "G". Is
that the problem with the printing? The ServiceGroupColumn is "H". The
Homes column is "C". I'm not quite sure why they don't just make the columns
a letter instead of calling it the offset so I want to be sure.

The first data row is 12 so that checks out.
If you can help me get this printed Monday would be a happy day.

tia,