G Lykos

Default Worksheet VBA function - not recognized

Greetings! Am trying first experience of creating a VBA function that is
called via a cell formula in a worksheet, unsuccessfully so far.

Steps have been to paste code into a workbook module such as:

Function CellType(c)
' Returns the cell type of the upper left
' cell in a range
Application.Volatile
Set c = c.Range("A1")
Select Case True
Case IsEmpty(c): CellType = "Blank"
Case Application.IsText(c): CellType = "Text"
Case Application.IsLogical(c): CellType = "Logical"
Case Application.IsErr(c): CellType = "Error"
Case IsDate(c): CellType = "Date"
Case InStr(1, c.Text, ":") < 0: CellType = "Time"
Case IsNumeric(c): CellType = "Value"
End Select
End Function

I then enter a formula in a cell in a worksheet as =celltype(a1). The
function name does not get capitalized, suggesting that it wasn't located,
and the result is #NAME?, suggesting same thing. Something's not plugged in
somewhere, but I have no idea what. Help!

Thanks,
George