JulieD

you're welcome and thanks for the feedback

"Nigel" wrote in message
Thank you - exactly what I saw.

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Nigel

i think you might be talking about the spin button control from the
control
toolbar

1. choose view / toolbars / control toolbar
2. click on the spin button control and then click on a cell
3. right mouse click on the spin button control on your worksheet and
choose
properties
4. click in the linked cell field and type a cell reference, e.g. A1
5. on the control toolbar click on the Exit Design Mode icon (top left)
6. type a value (e.g. 5) into the cell you linked to the spin button
(e.g.
A1)
7. and now click on the up & down arrows

hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Nigel" wrote in message
I saw a presentation yesterday using an Excel Spreadsheet. In it the
presenter changed the value in a cell by pressing an up or down arrow
assign
to that cell.
I have not seen this functionality before and was impressed (maybe too
easily)- however today I have not been able to find the function in
Excel.
Can anybody help and tell me what this is, and how to use it.

Thanks in advance

Nigel Walker
Pretoria