Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Getting VB List Box Selections to show in an excel spreadsheet cel

Use a combo box from the Control Toolbox rather than from Forms. That way
you get an ActiveX control instead.
Then set the LinkedCell property of the combo box from the properties dialog
(right-click the control and select "Properties") to "Performance!A2",
without the quotes.
Set the ListFillRange to the values to fill the combo box.

NickHK

"MBA Needs Help with Excel VBE" <MBA Needs Help with Excel
wrote in message
Hello,

I am building a VBA code in Excel 2003 and am having trouble with what I
thought was a relatively basic task. I have created a list box with

values
that can be selected. I am trying to program the code so that when a user
selects an item from the drop down item, the value appears in a

spreadsheet
cell. The list box is called "ClientList." It is located in a

spreadsheet
called "Control Page" I am trying to get the selected value from the List
Box to appear in cell A2 of another worksheet in the book called
"Performance." I have tried all of the following codes, but when I run

the
macro, cell A2 does not show anything. Please help!!

Worksheets("Performance").Range("A2").Value = ClientList.Value
Worksheets("Performance").Range("A2").Value = ClientList.Text
ws.Cells(2, 1).Value = Me.ClientList.Value

None of these work. The only thing that happens is with the third.
However, here, the only response is a number corresponding to the list

item
that appears in the same sheet at the List Box (i.e. Control Page)