Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Christine Christine is offline

Default Add A Button To The Menu Bar When Opening Workbook

I found your coding very helpful, but I haven't been able to delete the menu
item automatically when I close my file. Can you provide me with the coding
for that?

Thanks,

Chris

"JW" wrote:

Sure.
Sub addbar()
Dim MenuItem As CommandBarButton
Set MenuItem = _
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
MenuItem.Style = msoButtonCaption
MenuItem.Caption = "Caption Here"
MenuItem.OnAction = "macronamehere"
Set MenuItem = Nothing
End Sub

HTH
-Jeff-

Minitman wrote:
Greetings,

I need to place a button, with code, onto the menu bar when I open a
particular workbook from any machine in my network.

I can do it manually, but I can't figure out how to do it with code.

Any suggestions, ideas or possible links that could shed some light as
to how to proceed?

Any help is appreciated.

-Minitman