Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Getting the User Name

Excel XP & Win XP
I need to get, via VBA, the user name. At least, that's what I thought I
needed. What I really need is the name of the folder under "Documents and
Settings" that the current user is working in. I thought this was the user
name.
On my computer, that folder name is my full name, as in First Last. So
I ran a little one line macro:
MsgBox Application.UserName
That gave me my first name only. Obviously, that line of code is not
looking for the folder name I need that Windows created when I installed
Windows.
Looking through Windows, I see that my user account name is the same as the
folder name I need
Question: How do I get that 'user account'/folder name via VBA? Thanks for
your time. Otto