Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kai Cunningham[_2_] Kai Cunningham[_2_] is offline

Default Countif with parameters from another range?

I need to count the instances on the word "Trane" in a range of cells, but
base the countif statement on the information in another range of cells. If
the parameter range has a "N" in it, then count the corresponding cell in the
counting range with "Trane" in it. If not, don't count it. This needs to be
a formula entered in one cell that displays the results of the countif. I
have tried this formula:
=COUNT(IF(($A$2:$A$297="N")*($O$2:$O$297="Trane"), $O$2:$O$297))
that is shown in the help section, but it only returns zeros when I use it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Kai