MichaelC

Thanks all who responded to this - my problem remains after removing the line
breaks entirely, and checking the input cells (C44 is a number 1.2042).
The error message occurs when I hit Enter after typing in the formula: "The
formula you typed contains an error: For info about fixing.... To get
assistance ... etc etc"
The part of the formula highlighted by the error message is the second
"GreenAbove" after J44.

I am using Microsoft Excel 2000.

"Martin P" wrote:

I copied your formula to a worksheet and it works for me.
My guess is that the error is in one of the cells J44, J43,J42 or more
likely C44.
What is the exact error message you are getting?

"MichaelC" wrote:

I have the following formula which I believe does not breach any rules, yet
it returns an error message. Can anyone see where my error is? I would much
appreciate any help, and thank you in advance.
I don't believe I am breaching the max 7 arguments rule.

=if(OR
(AND(J44="GreenAbove",J43="GreenAbove",J42="RedBel ow"),
AND(J44="GreenAbove",J43="GreenBelow",J42="RedBelo w"),
AND(J44="GreenBelow",J43="GreenBelow",J42="GreenBe low",J41="RedBelow")),
C44,"")