DaveB

Is there any kind of logic to how the yes/no combinations map to the values?
For example, does a 'yes' in the first column mean add 3 and a 'no' in the
first column means add 5? Anything like that?

Dave

"roffler" wrote:

My setup is this:
4 columns, with "yes" or "no" in each column, describing a set of
objects. I have a logic tree that my boss gave me, with 15 possible
integer outputs, corresponding to the yes/no paths each object might
take. (For example, a yes- yes-no- no path might give the number
10)

He wants me to automate the logic tree traversal, so if one of the
yes/no values is changed, the output value changes automatically, w/o
having to look up the logic tree... is there any way i can program in
the 15 different conditions (ie if A2=yes, and A3=yes, and A4 = no, and
A5= yes, output the number 3)? I tried using the IF/AND/OR operators,
but excel doesnt let you nest that many.

Any help that anyone gives would be more than appreciated, i'm
relatively inexperienced with Excel.

--
roffler
roffler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26518