Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Toby Erkson[_5_] Toby Erkson[_5_] is offline

Default Change pivot source w/o refresh? Can't change original/copied pivo

Version: Excel 2003 SP2
It's been awhile since I had to work with pivot tables in VBA so I went to
Debra D.'s excellent web site (http://www.contextures.com/) to get some pivot
info (and I saw more new stuff!) but couldn't find an answer :-(

Two questions, while in VBA:
1) Can one change a pivot table query (the SQL code and connection string)
without having it perform an automatic refresh? If so, specifically how?

2) I can make changes to a pivot table (the SQL code and connection string)
in VBA without an issue (it gets data from an external source). Here's the
interesting part: If I copy the pivot table I am no longer able to make
changes to either the original nor the copy. However if I delete one of the
pivot tables I am then able to make changes to it. Why is this and is there
a way around it? BOTH pivot tables keep the same .SourceType of xlExternal.

TIA!,
Toby