Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tony Rollins Tony Rollins is offline

Default How can a VB function determine the cell within which it is runnin

I currently have a VB function that takes a string argument and a column
number argument. It scans a key column for the string (using the MATCH
worksheet function) and returns the the value at column number in the matched
row:
=kval("XXXXX", COLUMN(E1))
for example, to get the cell value from column E of the row that contains
"XXXXX" in the key column.

Frequently, I use the function to return a value from the same column that
the function reference is in:
=kval("XXXXX", COLUMN())

I would like to be able to compute the value that COLUMN() (or ROW()) would
supply within the function itself. How can I do this?