Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
- - is offline

Default SeriesCollection.(X)Values: locale settings specific?

Hello!

I am using VBA to make some hard coded charts:

[..]
.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
.SeriesCollection(i).Name = "MyName"
.SeriesCollection(i).XValues = MyXValues(param1)
.SeriesCollection(i).Values = MyYValues(param2)
[..]

where MyXValues and MyYValues are functions returning strings of the
form
"={0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.4}" or the like.

This works fine on my English Windows & English or German Excel
computer,
but not on my colleagues´ German? Windows & Excel..

From the "Source Data" form of the wrongly displayed charts on their

computers
I can see things like:
"={0.0.1.0.2.0.3.0.4.0.5}" or "={0\0.1\0.2\0.3}

I can only think of different locale (language specific) settings that
make my strings
misinterpreted..

Any experience in this topic? Any idea where the correct description
of this Strings
may be? other separators (which are non-language specific) allowed?

Thanks!