Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dan Thompson Dan Thompson is offline

Default Having Trouble Creating an Add-In Application.

Well I got the Title and Description thing figured out but I still can not
get the button or menu option to show up under the Tools menu of excel. I
know how to make a button for it in fact I have already been doing that
without using Add-In just linking the button back to macros I have wrote in
PERSONAL.XLS workbook which is hidden and opens in background everytime you
open Excel. However I recently got a Add-In form this website and when I
added it it automaticly put an option for running it under the Tools Menu in
Excel, and yet when I went through the code I saw no code that would indicate
it is adding any menu option or button.
So that is why I thought that it was automaticly added when working with
Add-In's

Can someone explain better WTF is going on.

Thanks again
Dan Thompson.

"Peter T" wrote:

Hi Dan,

If you want to press a button to run a macro in your addin you will need to
add your own to a toolbar. Numerous examples in this ng, vba help and
elsewhere.

And also when I slelect it in the Add-in manager you know with the
check boxes beside each add-in there is no discription for my add-in in

the
description box below.

Temporarily change the IsAddin property to false, in Excel, File
Properties. Add a friendly Title and your description in the Comments field.

Reset IsAddin True and resave the xla.

Regards,
Peter T

"Dan Thompson" wrote in message
I am having trouble creating an Add-In application.
I have complied my VBA code and saved my workbook as an XLA file and then
added MyApp.XLA through the Add-In Manager it shows up in Add in manager

but
there is no listing for it under the tools Menu or in any menu. So I can

not
run it by just selecting Tools and than MyApp. How do I get it to show up
there. And also when I slelect it in the Add-in manager you know with the
check boxes beside each add-in there is no discription for my add-in in

the
description box below.

Can Anyone Help ??

Dan Thompson.