RyanFC

Default merging sheet1 to sheet2

Alright, I am not sure if I should be utilizing a macro, a formula or what.
Here is my situation. I work in an office that is consistantly using excel.
Commonly I need to copy data from sheet1 and paste to sheet2. Here's the
kicker--what is on row 1 in sheet1 may be on row 999 on sheet2. I am looking
for a way to save me tons of time. What I would like to be able to do is
create a formula/macro that allows me to copy data from sheet1 and paste to
sheet2 using a common identifier that exists in a row. Therefore, the data
lines up where appropriate without me having to copy and paste.

I know there must be a way to do this. I need very 'dumbed' down directions
if somebody is willing to adopt this task. I will be watching for any
activity. Thank you