Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Procedure Name as a property?

Stu,

I'm glad the you were able to use the code. The server generates reams of
data about site usage (most popular pages, inbound links, length of session,
navigation paths,depth of session, etc), but the one thing it can't do is
tell me whether the readers found what they were looking for. It is always
nice to hear that something on the list was actually useful to a reader.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Stu W" wrote in message
Thanks, Chip, for your response. By the way, I used your routines for
saving
variables to the user registry. Very, very cool. Works great!

Stu W

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Stu,

There is no built in way for a procedure to get its own name. I have code
on
my web site that will insert a const declaration in to every procedure.
The
value of the const is the name of the procedure in which it resides. See
www.cpearson.com/excel/InsertProcedureNames.aspx . You can then use that
const value in your MsgBox.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"Stu W" wrote in message
Is there a way to refer to the currently running module and procedure
name
in
a msgbox?