vgreen

Default Date Range and calculation

I was wondering if an array formula was best for this or hopefully there
is a shorter way?

I have a sheet (Base) which has the information for interrogation and a
summary sheet (Monthly). I wish the monthly sheet to extract data from
the base sheet according to the date range entered. There is two cells,
with a start and end date. The rest of the fields then calculate
depending on that. One of the fields needs to return an average net
commission %. So, depending on the date range entered it needs to find
(filter) within that date range in the Base sheet on Col P (which is
list of dates of exchange), then get the average of Col Y (which is a
fee amount in £) and divide it by the average of Col S (which is sale
price in £).

sorry for being long winded!

any suggestions gratefully received.

--