Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default ".MatchTextExactly = true" not always the case, please help.

Are you using TextorProperty instead of Filename? MatchTextExactly is
behaving the way it is supposed to.

"tenlbham" wrote in message
I've written an Excel macro that searches through a list of files using
Application .FileSearch in a specified location created by another
application, and then does some other stuff with those files.

The macro looks for a standard filename to know which files are which, and
built in a check to stop the routine if it comes across multiple files
with
the same name, in case the other application was run multiple times
resulting
in multiple copies of the files. The problem is that the output files
from
the other application have some similarity, for example:
"1A.eplmdf"
"LA1A.eplmdf"
"S01A.eplmdf"

I set the .MatchTextExactly field equal to "True" which I thought would
make
FileSearch actually match the text exactly, but instead if it's seeing all
of
the files listed above with "1A.eplmdf" in their name.

Is there some way I can have it look for just "1A.eplmdf" and not see all
of
the other files that have "1A.eplmdf" in their name?

Thanks.