Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Beep Beep Beep Beep is offline

Default Run Tab Macro

Thanks p45cal

Here is the macro

Private Sub Worksheet_change(ByVal Target As Range)
Const WS_RANGE As String = "A2:A2" '<== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit
Application.EnableEvents = False

With Target
On Error Resume Next
Worksheets(.Row).Name = .Value
On Error GoTo 0
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Are you saying it will run automatically. I changed the name in WS_RANGE,
but it did not change.

Thanks
Frank

"p45cal" wrote:

That depends on what it's called (its first line). If it doesn't have
'Private' in front of it then you can run it by going into the dropdown
menus: Tools|Macro|Macros.., and it should appear in the list with the sheet
name in front of it eg. 'Sheets1.MyMacro'. Just select it and click Run.

If it's got the word 'Private' in front of it you won't see it in the list
above, but you can still type it in, using the sheet name as prefix, and
click Run.

If its name is akin to some of these:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
and quite a few more, then it is triggered (run) by an event on that
worksheet. In the above three examples, by the sheet being activated, by a
cell or cells being changed and by the selected cell/s changing to other
selected cell/s.

I'm not sure, but I don't think you'll have success running any of these
event triggered macros manually.

--
p45cal

"Beep Beep" wrote:

How do you run a macro created in a worksheet tab (right click on tab)