Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Referencing checkboxes on a worksheet from a form

Watch your double quotes!

..OLEObjects("CheckBox10").Delete

Brian wrote:

Hi again Nick,

I spoke a little too soon, I looked at your reply and it looked very
straight forward and logical. However, when I try to use the code to delete
a checkbox I get the following error:

Run-time error '1004':
Unable to get the OLEObjects property of the worksheets class, and it
highlights the following line: .OLEObjects(CheckBox10).Delete

I do have a Checkbox10 by the way. I am not sure what that means.

Best regards,
Brian.

"NickHK" wrote in message
Brian,
Like this ?

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
With Worksheets(1)
.OLEObjects("CheckBox1").Delete
End With
End Sub

For the 2nd part, record a macro whilst you add a check box to get
something
like:

ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.Check Box.1", Link:=False,
_
DisplayAsIcon:=False, Left:=373.5, Top:=165.75, Width:=63.75,
Height
_
:=20.25).Select

Combine this with the _Click event of your existing Checkbox.
Presumable you would need to delete it also if the check box is then
unchecked, otherwise the user will become confused; or do not use a check
box for this action.

NickHK

"Brian" wrote in message

I am trying to figure out how to reference some checkboxes directly
placed
on a worksheet from code attached to a form. In other words, I want to

click
a button on a form and tell it to remove some checkboxes on sheet. To
clarify that...yes I do want to "remove" the checkboxes, not simply to
uncheck them.

A second question: is there any way to allow a user to tick some

checkboxes
on a form, and then new checkboxes will be automatically created on the
worksheet for those ticked items only?

I am new to VBA. Any help would be most appreciated.

Best regards,
Brian.

--

Dave Peterson