Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pause Pause is offline

Default More Excel 2007 Speed Issues

I am also having the same problem. I thought it was the feedback sounds, so I
turned off all warings and sounds. It will run VERY slow. I have found that
if I run it right after a reboot, it runs fast. The next time I run it, it is
so slow I can go for a walk on a 480 row by 3 column spreadsheet (very small
- very slow). I cannot turn off the feedback sounds and they build up in a
queue that keeps getting worse. I don't know if the sound building up in a
stack is slowing down things. Does your Excel 2007 apps run okay after a
re-boot or are they still slow?

"MaryH" wrote:

I am having the same problem. I am a very small business owner with no IT
staff. Since installing Office & Excel 2007 my productivity has decreased
significantly. I no longer have the 2003 version, so I'm stuck. In my
appraisal spreadsheets I can make an entry, walk to the kitchen for a cup of
coffee and return to the computer before the change takes place. I tried the
same spreadsheet on an associate's machine running 2003 and the changes just
zipped right through.
I am verrrrry interested in whatever fix MS can make.
--
MaryH

"RichardF" wrote:

Hello Wei,

So, a month on, is there any progress on finding a fix or workaround
for this problem?

Thanks,

RichF

On 3 May, 08:57, (Wei Lu [MSFT]) wrote:
Hello Mach,

Product Team confirm that this is a known issue in Excel2007.

I am still contact them for whether there is any workaround.

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support