Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pause Pause is offline

Default Turn Off Sounds in Macro

I have a macro to format a Excel 2007 spreadsheet. I have turned off Feedback
sounds in the options panel and in the macro:

Application.EnableSound = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

When I run the macro, I still get a stack of clicks (the clicks may be
partial beeps) and beeps that take awhile to flush from the queue. The sounds
realy slow down the macro when I don't need the sounds; the spreadsheet is
small (480 rows by 3 columns), each cell is formatted for font color, style,
size; cell color and border; and row outline. Each of these changes causes a
feedback sounds.

Is there a bug in Excel VBA? Does anyone else have this problem?