Bob Phillips

Worksheets("FormatForSheets").Cells.Copy
Activesheet.Cells.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormats

--

HTH

RP

"Jenn" wrote in message
Hi. I have a quick question. I have a workbook that makes new worksheets
and renames the tabs based on a value in a column in sheet 1. I got this
code from Ron here on this discussion group and it works great. He

pointed
me to http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm and I used the "create new sheets
from unique values" code. What I would like to do is after these new

sheets
are created, apply a consistent formatting to all of them. The formatting

is
extensive and I currently have it on one worksheet named

"FormatForSheets". I
would love to be able to apply this formatting when the "create new sheets
from unique values" is creating my new worksheets. I tried to create a

macro
and insert the code where I thought it should go but it did not work. I am
not much of a coder. If anyone out there knows how to do this, could you
please help me? All I need is an example like using some formatting ( a
shaded color) from an existing sheet applied somewhere in the creating new
sheets loop. I can then put the formatting I need in the correct place.

Any
help would be wonderful.
TIA!