Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Error 59 Bad record length

Len is a VBA function. You can't assign a value to this function. change
the statement to

Mylen = len(record)

Turbo PASCAL probably ignores the error.

"Per" wrote:

I get this message when trying to read from a file opened as random vith the
get statement. I use Len=Len(record). The record is a user-defined type that
only contains fixed-size variables (variables of type byte, integer, double
and string*24, i.e. fixed length).
I can open and read the file with an old program written with Borland
TurboPascal 6.0.
The Excel program is of type 2002.
I dont understand why I get the message. If somebody has any sugestions,
please answer!
--
Per