Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Absolute beginner

I'm an absolute beginner with excel. I've had a lot of experience with
VB6,
but code aside, it's a different beast!

How do you turn a cell into a button that responds to a click event in
which
I can write code? Or how is a similar thing done. Events! I need Events!

You can put a CommandButton right on the spreadsheet and then work with
that. If you haven't already done so, select View/Toolbars/Visual Basic from
Excel's menu bar. Click on the Control Toolbox icon from the Visual Basic
tool bar (looks like a wrench and hammer crossed over each other). This will
add the Control Toolbar to the spreadsheet's tool bars. From the Control
Box, click on the CommandButton icon and draw it onto your spreadsheet (size
it as necessary). If you are not already in Design Mode, select the Design
Mode icon from the Visual Basic tool bar (it's to the right of the Control
Toolbox icon). Once that is done, right click the CommandButton and select
Properties from the popup menu; double-click it to reach its event coding
window.

Rick