JRB

Thanks Anne
I tried your suggestion. The formula still does not 'extend' down to the new
row

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Change the formula to =B2+C1. There is no need for the SUM part if you're
only adding two numbers. You're just unnecessarily adding "weight" to your
file.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"JRB" wrote in message
Does anyone know why a running sum type of formula =SUM(B2,C1) does not
automatically copy down?
Similarly, I cannot get a fill colour to extend down when a date format is
used.
Formats for numbers and text values copy down OK. It is just dates and the
running sum type of formula that do not seem to work. I have followed all
suggestions for extended formats and formulas in the Knowledge Base.

PS Excel 2000 Vs 9.0.3821 SR-1

Many thanks
Robert