Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Scroll bar (control) doesn't scroll!! ???

No, you will have to rethink your approach.
You can link the cell to a text box, which you can scroll.

NickHK

"worksfire1" wrote in message
I think of a scroll bar much like any other scroll bar you use in
applications or on the web to scroll up and down a page. Does excel not

have
something like this?

I do not want to just enlarge the cell because there is a lot of text in

it
and I want the box to stay small and just scroll if you need to see the

text
at the end.

Is that possible?

"NickHK" wrote:

It would seems you do not understand the purpose of a ScrollBar control.
It returns/sets a numeric value in its .LinkedCell property.
It does not scroll text in a cell.

If this is not what you are trying to achieve, then post back.

Use a text box maybe, or enlarge the cell(s) to show all text.

NickHK

"worksfire1" wrote in message
Hi there. I have a scroll bar control in cell G84 that I need to

scroll
up
and down the E81 cell which is a merged cell consisting of E81:F83.

Is the scroll bar not working because it is a merged cell?

What can I do to make the scroll bar scroll up and down within that

E81
cell
that has a lot of typed text?

It is not a protected sheet or locked cell.