Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Perico[_2_] Perico[_2_] is offline

Default Make a Zip file from Excel

I'm evaluating this product but don't understand how to use it. I want to
save Excel sheets as csv files and compress them using vba code in Excel.
The web site says there is an activeX file in the demo but I find no
reference to any OCX file in the vbe references.

The Readme file talks about some Chess game.

The Help file is devoid of help. Any clue how to use this? I was hoping
for a DLL or ocx to add to the project and some instruction on the properties
& methods to use in the code underlying my gui.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

I use VBSecure from Moonlight Sofware. It is only $60 for a full redist
license. It also supports powerful file encryption independently of the
zip/unzip function. www.moonlight-software.com . It works fine in VBA/VB6
as well as NET.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Perico" wrote in message
My program currently exports / saves an Excel sheet as a CSV file.
However,
new program requirements call for my exporting the file as a ZIPPED CSV
file.

Our thoughts are to use a zip DLL component if one is available. This
will
be used by a large number of users and there is no setup routine involved.

I've looked at Dynazip and Xceed. The former appears to require a 3rd
party
setup program and the latter requires .NET development. Are there any
other
options?