Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CJ[_6_] CJ[_6_] is offline

Default Complex Copy/Print Macro

Hi Groupies.

I have a request from a client that is a little over my head. Please lend me
your brain cells for a while!

The request that I have received, and some explanation, is as follows:

"I want the users to be able to save a copy of each event as different
sheets in the workbook, named by the date of the event. For each event, I
need to make a copy of the master, with all the input data and a copy of the
printout sheet which contains the data from the master."

So let's say they push a button and a message box pops up and asks for
the event date. When they enter the data (example: June 27) and hit OK, a
sheet is created that is a copy of the sheet, which is currently called
Master Event Calculation, as well as a copy of the sheet which is currently
called Printout Sheet. So now we would have Event Calculation June 27 and
Printout June 27.

"If they were to click on any sheet and hit the print button, it would print
the information corresponding to that specific event date from the
corresponding printout sheet."

So, the user clicks on the sheet called Event Calculation June 27,
pushes a print button, either on the sheet or a custom toolbar, and the
Printout June 27 sheet prints.

Why not just click on the Printout June 27 sheet and print it??? The users
are only allowed to see the Event sheets, everything else in this workbook
needs to be hidden and protected.

Can somebody please help me with the code for this macro?

Thanks
CJ