BrendaK

Default Why does cursor move position in a cell I'm trying to edit?

I have just updated from Microsoft 2000 to Microsoft 2003. My first attempt
to use Excel has failed.

When trying to edit a particular cell on an old spreadsheet I pressed f2
then placed the cursor where I wanted to add some more data.

However, it only allowed me to type a couple of words & then the cursor
moved itself to another position, a few words further on, not to the end of
the line. When I moved the cursor back to where I wanted it & tried typing
again it just moved away again. The cell in question contains only words, no
sums or formulae.

I'm sorry if this is a fundamental question but I'm a computer illiterate
trying hard to understand this new technology.