Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Billy Liddel Billy Liddel is offline

Default {=max(if(........))} Array Function not working after range length

Shrini

I could not reproduce your error. If I went outside the range the formula
returned
01/01/1900 or 0 formatted to general. with the test data Utilisation DAte
is in column B and test Equipment was in A, so using a name of data for both
columns I could repeat your result with the following formula

=VLOOKUP(A1,Data,2,0)

I know this does not answer your question I'll look forward to other replies.

Peter
"Shrini" wrote:

Hello there,

I have a excel database, in which a equipment Name and there
utlisation date is given. I want to check the last date on which the
equipment was used and then plan new test on the equipment ahead of
this last available date. I have tried to use function like this

{=MAX(IF(Test_Equip=A1,Finish_Date))}

The function works for the ranges up to 339 rows. thereafter it gives
the formula result as #N/A.

Can any body help me out in this. I have tried to use direct range and
named ranges too. The actual data base is continuously increasing and
hence i have kept the lenght of named range at 50000 rows.

Regards,

Shriniwas.