CKL

Duh! Thanks so much! It worked just fine (just didn't edit the cell =
location correctly!)
(and more than that - I actually understand (most of) it! <g It has =
been over 30 years since I used IF/THEN statements!)

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message =
| If there are either 7 or 8 characters always you can use a simple IF=20
| function
|=20
|=20
| =
=3DIF(LEN(A1)=3D7,100*(LEFT(A1,1)&MID(A1,4,2)),100 *(LEFT(A1,2)&MID(A1,5,2=
)))
|=20
|=20
|=20
| --=20
| Regards,
|=20
| Peo Sjoblom
|=20
| (No private emails please)
|=20
|=20
| "CKL" wrote in message=20
| I am new to setting up Excel to fill out columns for me and need some =
help,=20
| please? Not even sure if I need a macro or what.
| I have a column of data in the format(s)
| #LL#### or
| ##LL####.
|=20
| I need to pick up the first number(s), eliminate the Letters, then =
pick up=20
| the next 2 #'s, then change the last 2#'s to 0's (in a new column).
|=20
| Can anyone please give me some help on where I start or what I need to =
do?
|=20