Peo Sjoblom

If there are either 7 or 8 characters always you can use a simple IF
function

=IF(LEN(A1)=7,100*(LEFT(A1,1)&MID(A1,4,2)),100*(LE FT(A1,2)&MID(A1,5,2)))

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"CKL" wrote in message
I am new to setting up Excel to fill out columns for me and need some help,
please? Not even sure if I need a macro or what.
I have a column of data in the format(s)
#LL#### or
##LL####.

I need to pick up the first number(s), eliminate the Letters, then pick up
the next 2 #'s, then change the last 2#'s to 0's (in a new column).

Can anyone please give me some help on where I start or what I need to do?

TIA
CKL